Friday, May 8, 2015

Naked Cake with Fresh Blooms



Two firsts here, a naked cake and a fresh flower cake! I wish I could have gave this pretty cake to someone, I made it simply to practice. Lemon zest cake layers with fresh raspberry buttercream. This is a 4.75 inch and a 6 inch cake. 


I did not expect sticking flowers into cake to be so easy. I thought for sure there was going to be some technique to it, but as it turns it out, its all just fun. Shorter stems did seem to work better though. I used floral tape for the first time which was also surprisingly easy. Just cut your stems to be about an inch long and wrap them in tape. The blooms lasted alot longer than I thought they would too, at least 6-8 hours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011