Monday, November 18, 2013

Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin Pie. Nostalgia. I like how I only bake this once a year. I also like how as soon as I flip my  calendar to October that all my favorite blogs already have pumpkin this and pumpkin that. I wish every month had it's own unique ingredient. 


Let me just say that I was fasting when I baked these pies. I'm going to say that is why I misread the directions. And burnt the first pie. Yes, it's true, I burnt a pie. Look at that. Go ahead, point and laugh.


Apparently I overlooked the part where you need to reduce the oven temperature. I'm just so glad I had an extra crust and can of pumpkin to make another pie for Nadijah.


We still ate the burnt pie. It wasn't that bad actually. It just wasn't as creamy and soft. I was so glad when both these pies were finally gone. All I wanted to do everyday was eat pie. And I did. 



Pumpkin Pie

1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

Heat oven to 425°F.

Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.

Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from crust comes out clean. Cool.

*If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can substitute with:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011