Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


I like to think these cupcakes were for you my little nephew, Ibrahim. 
You are 28 weeks today, and I got to show your sweet little face to your parents, aunties, grandma, and cousin this fourth of July. Thank you for looking at the camera!


I found this recipe on pinterest! The cake is delicious. I added two more tablespoons butter (just to use a whole stick) and only 1/4 cup milk in the batter. Hopefully I am done messing up cake batters by making them too liquidy. I notice recipes usually ask for a bit too much. Cake batter should be thick! And always end the mixing process with flour! I also used light brown sugar instead of dark. They came out moist and tasting like a chocolate chip cookie. I got 22 cupcakes with this recipe. Be careful not to overbake, they will become less moist. When you smell them, they are done, and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I baked them for 19 minutes at 350.


The peanut butter frosting was perfect for these. I used 1 cup powdered sugar and only 1/4 cup milk. 
I think chocolate sprinkles would have been so cute on top but I forgot to buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011