Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies


Yes, I found these on pinterest. Everyone really liked them but they weren't my favorite. I think they would have been better if I had used peanut butter M&M's because there is peanut butter in the dough. I think it would have given them more flavor. Or I think I would have liked these if I made regular chocolate chip cookies (maybe use mini chocolate chips) and then use the original M&M's (no peanut butter at all).

Either way, that would make for some real good cookies!


Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter M&Ms


Directions:

In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat. I pressed a few M&Ms on top of the dough balls. Press the balls down (only slightly) since they won't spread much while baking. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.

Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!

Note
You may use unsalted butter in this recipe. If so, add 1/4 tsp salt with the flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011