Friday, April 15, 2011

Rich Cheesecake Bars

Another recipe from that Taste of Home cookbook/magazine. I think I just wanted to try these because it was cake- but it had the word cheesecake in the title. Two birds. One stone.

Actually I made these with the thought that the cream cheese topping was going to seep into the cake batter as it baked, making these incredibly moist and gooey. Unfortunately, no seeping action occured.

I doubled the recipe because I've only seen cake mix come in 18 oz. boxes and made it in a 13x9 inch pan. I baked it for 30 minutes like the recipe says to but forgot that I used a larger pan so I think I overbaked it alittle.

It didn't taste like cheesecake and I wasn't expecting it to- the cream cheese is just used to make these into a gooey, buttery treat but they probably would have been a little softer if I didn't brown the edges so much. I think they taste like pound cake- but sweeter. Honestly, I probably won't make them again because they aren't exploding with chocolate but these bars would be great for a brunch dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011