Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecakes

I had this recipe saved on my favorites list for a few months. I was excited all week to make them and thought they'd be cute for brownie halaqa. Unfortunately it was cancelled but had so much fun at Sabrin's and was happy I still got to share them. :)

We didn't have cooking/baking spray so I lightly greased the bottom of the muffin tin and baked the first batch. The recipe says to bake the crust first (which I normally don't do for cheesecakes even if it says to) but I did it anyway to be sure the cheesecake came out easily from the tin. Well, the crust smelt and tasted burnt. I don't know if it's because of the crisco or because it was baked first and then baked again with the cheesecake batter so the next batch I washed the pans, did not grease it, and did not prebake the crust. Much better. And it still comes out easily from the tin. Just cool them and separate them from the pan with a thin knife.

I loved the ganache used as the icing - after it chilled up, it was so dense and smooth.

Adaptations: 
  • No need to add sugar to the crust. Oreos are sweet.
  • Don't grease/spray the pan.
  • Don't prebake the crust. 
  • It says to use 2-3 teaspoons of crumbs for each cheesecake. I found that you should only use one teaspoon for a better ratio of cheesecake to crust.
  • Keep it simple and just add 2 eggs (or 3 eggs if you double the recipe like I did)
  • Fill each cheesecake to the top of the pan. They will rise when baking, and collapse flat when cooled.
  • After the ganache cooled to room tempature, I whipped it to add volume and then piped it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011