Friday, November 15, 2013

Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles




I made these for a bittersweet goodbye to our friend, Mona. Maybe one day I'll follow her to San Diego! But for now, we are all going to miss her so much! I've known her for many years and I just want to thank her for being my friend and for being who she is. Even the little things she would say would leave a lasting impression on me. Mona, you help shape me to to be the person I want to be. You uplift, support, and encourage me and those around you. Your happiness brings out mine and we wish you all the love and joy you deserve!


I loved to see that the girls enjoyed these, but I actually liked the previous pumpkin truffles better! These had a very strong ginger flavor from the cookies, but if you adore ginger, then go ahead and use the gingersnap cookies. Otherwise, I would stick to the golden oreos! I did like the dark chocolate coating on these though!



Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles
Adapted from Simply Designing with Ashley
Yield: 25 truffles

Ingredients
10 oz package of gingersnap cookies
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of salt
12 oz chocolate candy coating or almond bark
mini cupcake liners

Directions
Place the cookies in the food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs. Add next 7 ingredients and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and place in freezer for about 30-45 minutes until firm enough to roll into balls. Or place in refrigerator if you not making them right away.

Roll mixture into balls and place on a plate. Return to freezer for at least 20 minutes or more.

Melt chocolate candy coating and place in a small mug or teacup. Dip truffles into chocolate and place inside mini cupcake liners. They should harden within a few minutes. Eat right away or within a few hours. Otherwise, store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011