Sunday, September 1, 2013

Golden Oreo Truffles


This really is the easiest dessert recipe ever so I made a small batch to share with our friends this evening. We went out to Green Vegetarian Cuisine downtown by the riverwalk and I had a tasty spinach artichoke quesadilla. Unfortunately though, I forgot my tray of truffles on the counter and I didn't get to share them. :(


There are so many oreo flavors these days. I would love to try peanut butter oreo truffles.


One variation I would love to try with golden oreo truffles is to add key lime juice or maybe lime zest. Its supposed to taste like a key lime pie truffle.


I would suggest not to add as much cream cheese if you are making golden oreo truffles. I think the cookie crumbs are slightly more moist than the original chocolate oreos.




Golden Oreo Truffle Pops
Yield: 15 truffles

20 Golden Oreo cookies
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 oz. candy melts or almond bark or white chocolate
mini cupcake liners

Directions
Blend the oreos in your food processor. Process until they are fine crumbs. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the crumbs and set aside. Add your softened cream cheese and blend until its all mixed together. 

Roll into balls the size of a tablespoon and place on a plate lined with parchment paper. Stick them in the freezer for 20 minutes. 

Melt your candy coating in a double broiler by placing a heat-safe bowl over a small pot of simmering water.

Put your melted candy coating in a short cup or mug and dip the truffle to coat all sides. Sprinkle with reserved oreo crumbs on top and allow to set up on a plate lined with parchment paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011