Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lemon Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bars


Epic Failure.


Yes, I saw these on pinterest, and they looked amazing! And I've made something similar before and they were FABULOUS so I was excited for these!


Let me just say, if you do not have a blow torch. Forget it. The recipe said you can use your oven's broiler, so I did. No. Just no. As you can see from the pictures, that did nothing but burn the edges, leaving gritty sugar in the center, and melted cheesecake around the edges. We did just get a new oven, so maybe the broiler just sucks or I didn't use it right.


The sweet lemony flavor was good but I already ruined the tops to a gritty, gooey mess. I went out to HEB looking for a blow torch, trying to salvage these. Couldn't find one. Went to Walmart and looked everywhere. No blow torch. It was a sad day for baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011