Sunday, August 23, 2009

Butterscotch Nut Fudge - Fail

Failure. Way too sweet. And I like sweet, so that’s saying a lot. Possible typo in the recipe? I don’t think you should be adding ANY sugar to a fudge recipe. Normally you get the sweetness from the chips. The butterscotch chips PLUS 1¾ cup sugar is just overkill. Just thought I’d share.






Marshmallow Creme

I needed marshmallow creme for the fudge recipe but didn’t want to buy the jar and risk eating pig fat. This recipe came out great- like creamy marshmallows. I wonder if it tastes better than Jet-Puffed.

1 egg white
2/3 cup light corn syrup
pinch of salt
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla (don’t forget, this is all your flavor!)

In a large mixing bowl, combine egg white, syrup, and salt. Beat for 10 minutes until thick. Add sugar at low speed. Then add vanilla and beat until blended. Makes 2 cups exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Installation and Coding by Designs by Linds 2011